We advise on and draft all types of commercial agreements:
- agency, distribution and franchise agreements
- terms and conditions of sale and purchase of goods and/or services
- terms and conditions of trading - to use with customers and suppliers
- business to business collaborations including joint ventures and research and development agreements
- purchase, sale of goods and supply agreements
- service agreements and maintenance agreements
- agreements for leasing or hire purchase
- outsourcing and franchising agreements
- information technology and e-commerce related agreements
- intellectual property licences and assignments
- marketing and sponsorship agreements
- consultancy agreements
- introducer and collaboration agreements
- confidentiality agreements
- outsourcing agreements
- employment agreements
This list is not exhaustive and there are many other types of contract which we deal with. Please contact us for more information.
The key point with contracts is that any contract your business enters into should reflect your intended deal. You need to understand exactly what it is you are signing and what its legal and commercial effect will be. Many contract disputes are simply a result of their having been no contract which accurately reflected the deal struck.
Some clients will want us to draft or review a whole contract and others will approach us for advice on specific aspects or clauses. We will give you as much or as little help as you wish.
Most of our commercial contract work is done on a fixed fee basis with hourly rates only being used for handling negotiations.