Adult Dependent Relative Visa
This visa category is for adult dependent relatives of British citizens in the UK, persons settled in the UK, persons with limited leave to remain in the UK under Appendix EU or persons in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection status, who wish to settle here.
To qualify for this visa, you must prove all of the following:
• you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks because of your illness, disability or age;
• the care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in;
• the person you will be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate and care for you without claiming public funds for at least five years;
• you are 18 or over.
How long you can stay depends on the status of your family member. If your family member is British, Irish or settled in the UK, your stay is indefinite.
If your family member has pre-settled status, they must have started living in the UK before 1 January 2021. You can stay as long as your family member remains. If your family member has refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK, you will need to apply to extend or settle when they do.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADULT DEPENDENT RELATIVE VISAS
To apply for an Adult Dependent Relative visa, you must be over the age of 18 and require long-term care due to disability, age, or illness. The treatment or care for your long-term illness or disability must not be available or accessible to you in your home country. In practice, it is challenging to these visa requirements.
Your relative whom you wish to join in the UK must hold one of the following:
• British or Irish citizenship;
• Indefinite leave to remain or settled status;
• Pre-settled status and are from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein;
• Refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK.
Your relative must be able to support, accommodate and care for you without claiming public funds for at least five years.
If your relative has a settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, there may be another way for you to join them in the UK.
Most immigration applications have strict factual and evidential requirements that are not necessarily straightforward to comprehend or satisfy. LS Legal Solicitors are well versed and highly experienced in providing advice and assistance on immigration applications. We appreciate that many of the requirements may seem overly complex and onerous. However, we guarantee to make your experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
For the quickest response, please WhatsApp or call us on +44 (0) 75 3595 9450. You can also contact us via email at info@LSLegaLUK.com or use the contact form to discuss your requirements further or arrange an appointment with one of our experts.