+44(0)2081445588 / +44(0)7535959450
info@LSLegaLUK.com liliya_scott

Temporary Worker Visa

The Temporary Worker Visa is for those who wish to travel and work in the UK in some specific circumstances, and only for a limited period of time (up to 12 or 24 months).


1. Charity Worker Visa. This category is suitable for people coming to do unpaid voluntary work for a UK-registered charity.

2. Creative And Sporting Visa. This category is suitable for highly skilled sportspersons, musicians or actors. Sportspersons must be internationally recognised at the highest level in their sport, or they must enter the UK to make a significant contribution to the development of their area of interest.

3. Religious Worker Visa. This category is suitable for those who want to do religious work, such as preaching or working in the UK.

4. Seasonal Worker Visa. This category is suitable for farm workers who have a sponsor and want to work in the UK.

5. Government Authorised Exchange Visa. Those seeking entry to the UK can use this category for a short period for work experience or training, an Overseas Government Language Programme, research, or a fellowship through an approved government authorised exchange scheme.

6. International Agreement Visa. This category is only suitable for workers whose job offer is covered by international law, including embassy and diplomatic employers under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) who hold a certificate released by an accredited UK organisation.


Certificate of Sponsorship

You must have a confirmed offer of employment and a Certificate of Sponsorship before commencing your work.

Your employer must hold a valid Sponsor licence, which will allow them to issue a CoS reference number to be stated in your application. You must apply for your visa within three months from when your CoS is issued.

Your Job

You must show that the role meets the requirements for sponsorship. You must be paid at least the National Minimum Wage.


You must normally show that you have at least £1,270 for your maintenance in your bank account for 28 consecutive days before you can apply. You do not need to evidence maintenance funds if you have been in the UK for at least 12 months before you apply or if your employer certified your maintenance on your CoS.

Other requirements

You may also be required to meet the English Language requirement in some circumstances.

Most immigration applications have strict factual and evidential requirements that are not necessarily straightforward to comprehend or satisfy. LS Legal Solicitors are well versed and highly experienced in providing advice and assistance on immigration applications. We appreciate that many of the requirements may seem overly complex and onerous. However, we guarantee to make your experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.

For the quickest response, please WhatsApp or call us on +44 (0) 75 3595 9450. You can also contact us via email at info@LSLegaLUK.com or use the contact form to discuss your requirements further or arrange an appointment with one of our experts.