+44(0)2081445588 / +44(0)7535959450
info@LSLegaLUK.com liliya_scott

Intra-company Transfer Visa

The Intra-Company Transfer Worker visa is designed to enable workers who are based overseas to transfer temporarily to the organisation's UK branch or connected entity. This visa has replaced Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa.

The Tier 2 visa was popular with companies wanting to bring workers to the UK because no Resident Labour Market Test was required to qualify. Since reforming the Tier 2 (General) route and establishing a Skilled Worker route, the Home Office removed the requirement to do a Resident Labour Market Test from all work visas altogether. The Skilled Worker route is now more attractive to employers and employees due to its simplicity of requirements and ability for a skilled worker to settle in the UK.

There are currently two types of Intra-Company Transfer Worker visas:

• Intra-Company Transfer: for established workers of multinational companies who are being transferred to the UK;
• Intra-Company Graduate Trainee: for workers taking part in a structured graduate training programme.


To qualify for an Intra-Company Transfer visa the applicant must be able to demonstrate that:

• they have a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from an organisation based in the UK that holds a sponsor licence;
• the role represents a genuine vacancy;
• they possess the suitable skills and experience for the position;
• the position is at an appropriate skill level (typically NQF level 6 or above), and they will be paid a fair salary for the role;
• they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves (if maintenance is not certified by the sponsor);
• they have a tuberculosis certificate if required; and
• they do not fall under the general grounds for refusal.


This visa is for transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. This visa has replaced the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Graduate Trainee visa. You need to be a recent graduate with at least three months' experience with your employer overseas for this visa.

Certificate of Sponsorship

You must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the job you are plan to do. Your Certificate of Sponsorship will need to have been issued by an employer that the Home Office authorises to sponsor the job in question under the Intra-Company Transfer route.

Length of Employment Outside the UK

You must have worked for your employer outside of the UK for a specific length of time. This timespan depends upon the visa you are applying for and your salary.

To apply for an Intra-company Transfer visa, you need to have worked for your employer outside the UK for 12 months and earn less than £73,900. If you earn above £73,900, there is no minimum time requirement for employment outside the UK.

If you're applying for an Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa, you must have worked for your employer overseas for three months immediately before your application date.

Salary Requirements

If you're applying for an Intra-company Transfer visa, you must earn at least £41,500 or the 'going rate' for your job, whichever is higher.
If you're applying for an Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa, you must be paid at least £23,000 or 70% of the 'going rate' for your job, whichever is higher.

Each occupation code has its own annual going rate.

Financial Requirements

You will typically need cash funds of at least £1,270 available. You will need to have held the money for at least 28 consecutive days ending not more than 31 days before the date of your Intra-Company Transfer visa application. You will be exempt from these financial requirements if your sponsor is willing to meet your maintenance costs up to the end of the first month of your employment, to an amount of at least £1,270, if necessary.

Your sponsor will need to confirm this on your Certificate of Sponsorship. If you are applying for permission to stay and have been legally residing in the UK for 12 months or more at the date of application, you will meet the financial requirements and will not need to show funds.

If you are applying with your dependent family members, you will need to show additional funds for their maintenance. You must have £285 for your dependent spouse, £315 for a dependent child, and £200 for each additional dependent child.

Other requirements

You must be at least 18 years old to apply and meet the English Language requirements. You will also need to provide proof of a tuberculosis test if you apply from a country mentioned on the Home Office list.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

The Intra-Company Transfer Worker visa does not lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

Most immigration applications have strict factual and evidential requirements that are not necessarily straightforward to comprehend or satisfy. LS Legal Solicitors are well versed and highly experienced in providing advice and assistance on immigration applications. We appreciate that many of the requirements may seem overly complex and onerous. However, we guarantee to make your experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.

For the quickest response, please WhatsApp or call us on +44 (0) 75 3595 9450. You can also contact us via email at info@LSLegaLUK.com or use the contact form to discuss your requirements further or arrange an appointment with one of our experts.